Community Fundraising Manager
We are looking for Community Fundraisers to join our team working across specific region: South East (Berkshire with parts of Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire);
You will be responsible for:
- Managing relationships with existing established community groups and developing new ones
- Establishing new relationships in the community including with regional businesses and guiding their fundraising activity in line with legislation and good practice
- Working with internal partners including retail and family support teams to develop committed fundraising relationships
- Promoting fundraising activity in the community including events and fundraising products including legacy giving
- Working with our existing volunteers to develop fundraising in the community
- Achieving stretching income targets in a new Community and Events Fundraising Team
You will need:
- Relationship management skills: be able to develop relationships with different audiences, influence and guide the fundraising activity of others.
- Business acumen: be able to identify income generating opportunities, manage a budget, forecast and plan contingency action to achieve stretching financial targets.
- Networking skills: be able to represent the charity, demonstrate the impact we have locally, build connections and introduce supporters for the benefit of HDH. Host supporters visiting our regional center of excellence in palliative care in Oxford and work closely with other outreach teams in the community.
- Creativity: be able to promote and develop ideas in line with the charity’s brand and inspire supporters in the community to support HDH
- Ideally, be educated to degree level or equivalent standard.
Please follow the link below for more information and to apply: http://www.helenanddouglas.org.uk/jobs/detail/48312/
The closing date for the vacancy is 26th December 2016 and the interviews will be held week commencing 9th January 2017.
- Person Suzanne Attree